November 1st, 2019
1. DONATE HALLOWEEN CANDY: It’s time to put away the Halloween costumes and start showing your thankfulness by giving back! Have your kids set aside some candy and take part in Operation Gratitude OperationGratitude.com. This program sends care packages to deployed troops, first responders, veterans, wounded heroes, and to the children of deployed troops. Each care package includes a handful of the candy you donate. You can also start a tradition to volunteer at your local homeless shelter or food pantry and make it an annual event for the family.
2. MOVEMBER: Get in on the yearly event of growing out your moustache during the month of November. Movember is a tradition that helps raise awareness of men’s health issues including cancers and men’s suicide.
3. FALL CRAFTS: Kids love getting creative! Spend the day making crafts or DIY thanksgiving decorations. Cheap, easy, and family fun for everyone! Tip: The Target dollar section has perfect crafts that the kids obsess over and for only a buck, why not?!
4. FAMILY GAME NIGHT: Get cozy and start a fire. Turn off the electronics and bust out the board games. Family game nights filled with snacks, drinks, and pajamas are hard to beat.
5. FOOTBALL: Enough said.
6. TURKEY TROT: Gather your squad and get the family signed up at your nearest turkey trot. Everyone can participate, both kids and adults, and even moms with strollers. Walk or run, it’s all for fun!
7. I AM THANKFUL FOR: Every morning in the month of November ask eachother for one thing you are thankful for. Check out these Glass Gratitude Jars at gratitudeglassjars.com
8. BLACK FRIDAY: After you get yourself in a food coma, take a nap and wake up in time to shop until you drop, starting at midnight! Make it a tradition for you and yours!
9. GET YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE: Thanksgiving is over and now its time to pick out your Christmas tree. Get the best Christmas tree by going the day after Thanksgiving or the following weekend. You don’t want to wait until the trees are all picked over!
10. HOLIDAY AND CHRISTMAS LIGHTS: It’s time to put your holiday and Christmas lights up! Don’t let your neighbors outshine you! If installing Christmas lights and decorations sounds miserable to you, call a professional Christmas light installer!
Call 630-201-9627 today for a free quote!
It’s a Wonderful Light is Chicago’s premier holiday lighting installation service, servicing the Chicagoland area including Winnetka, Barrington, Glen Ellyn, Naperville, St. Charles, Wayne, and Geneva, and the surrounding suburbs.