Archive for the ‘New Traditions’ Category
1. Pumpkin PatchFun for the entire family! Grab the kids, your favorite sweater and a smile and head out to your local pumpkin patch or farmer’s market. What greater way to spend the day than to take in the splendor of the local fall harvest? Pumpkin patches offer more than just pumpkins too, check out Didier Farm’s Pumpkin Fest, located in Lake County. They are a family owned and operated farm since 1912, bringing fun fall traditions such as pumpkin painting, hayrides, a bountiful farm-stand and more! After you’ve picked your favorite pumpkin, hold a family pumpkin carving or painting contest! This tradition is a whole day packed full of FUN!
2.Football PartyGet ready for a touchdown! Grab your team (aka friends) and invite them over for an afternoon of football and yummy treats. Get the whole family in on the activity and dress up in your favorite team colors. For pregame snacks, check out these winning recipes. During halftime, get outside and play a game of touch football, or simply throw the football around. We only have a few more weeks of mild weather in Chicago this year, so jump outside and enjoy the fresh air while you can! PS: Go BEARS!
3.Celebrate National Cookie MonthDid you know that October is National Cookie Month? That’s right! In addition to the traditional trick-or-treating that comes with this month, we’ve got an extra reason to inspire your sweet tooth. Cue the cookie cutters, chocolate chips and frosting and dust off those baking pans for a delectable new tasty family tradition. Have each member in the family bake their favorite cookies and enjoy all month long. You can even bake up a batch and bring it to your neighbors, friends and loved ones- for a pleasant, sweet surprise. This tradition has its extra benefits as it’s a great dish to bring to your next outing or gathering. Make sure you take advantage of this nationally recognized month- it’s only here for 31 days- that’s the way the cookie crumbles!
4.Halloween Movie NightA night in with the family watching your favorite Halloween flicks, enjoying monster munch popcorn and thrills & chills! Set up the living room with Halloween lights to set the ambiance. Kill the lights, take protection under a cozy blanket and settle in for a spooky, memorable and fun evening. Whether your poison is scary or classic family fun, you’ll be certain everyone will enjoy the ghosts, ghouls and laughs of this new family tradition. A few of our favorite movies to get in the Halloween mood are Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas and of course, Halloween!
5.Visit A Haunted HouseThis tradition goes without saying…it’s simply all about finding the perfect attraction for you and your family! There are many attractions throughout Chicago and the Chicago suburbs- all sure to provide a fun, spooky time. An evening sure to provide a night full of screams, scares and classic Halloween memories to last throughout the years. Faint of heart? Don’t worry there are many local attractions that offer both family fun spooks to bone thrilling chills! Check out this link to find your perfect level of freight. Have any other October traditions you like to celebrate? Share them with us! Also, don’t forget the decorations! It’s A Wonderful Light is all set with your perfect Halloween or Fall outdoor decor-check them out here. As always, enjoy the little moments leading into the best season ever!!!
[RPG id=563]Feeling a little holiday spirit yet? We sure hope so. As you can see we offer a full array of design options for each display. The way we see it: traditions are unique, therefore, each display is designed and installed with your vision in mind. Whether you’re interested in a simple, classic look, or you want to completely deck the halls, you can be certain that your display will be designed and installed with the smallest of details in mind. As you can see, we offer the full line: Roofline, Mini-Lights, Garland, Wreaths, Ornaments and more! We weren’t kidding when we said we’re filled with holiday spirit! Oh, and did we mention all that comes with a custom It’s A Wonderful Light display?Check it out…
- Free quote: one of our cheerful sales reps will come to you and discuss your vision. During this visit, we can get a great idea of what you’re hoping to acheive, offer suggestions, answer questions and even show you what your display will look like with our virtual design program. After the first visit you’ll know what your display will look like and have the price point.
- Installation: When it comes to installing holiday decorations, It’s a Wonderful Light is second to none. Our installation crews receive extensive training on the use of ladders, lifts, electrical supply and demands, and above all, safety. As a highly skilled and fully insured company, you can rest assured that your decorations will be installed quickly, correctly, and without damage to the property.
Here are a few of the extra details that we put into every project:
- Timers are installed so all of the lights are turned on at the same time.
- All extension cords and wires are hidden away, protecting them and leaving a clean look.
- We tape all extension cord connections eliminating moisture build up that can trip the buildings circuits.
It’s a Wonderful Light takes pride in every decorating project we do, and our goal, as always, is to bring you cheer through your holiday display. We go through extensive training with our crews insuring the up most safety for our workers and clients properties. Our installation crews are trained for latter use, lift and bucket work and electrical allowing for a clean and simple installation process.
- We install timers so all of the lights are turned on at the same time.
- We zip tie extension cords to the outside gutters, leaving a clean look and preventing GFI’s from tripping.
- We tape all extension cord connections eliminating moisture build up.
- We attach all our C9’s or Light Links with plastic clips that are removable at the end of the season, no stapling is ever used.
3. Maintenance: We only use high quality products and we always take every precaution to prevent product failure, there may be times when you experience a problem with your decorations. In this event, our service crews are on call to provide you with the best customer service in the industry. Product failures are often fixed on the same day they are reported or within 48 hours of your maintenance request. Even if only one bulb has burned out, we will be there to replace it, and at no additional charge. Win! No running out in the blistering snow with your jammies on anymore!
4. Take-Down, Clean-Up & Storage: When the season comes to an end, our take-down crews reverse the installation process, with the same care and attention to detail. We’ll take down your product, packing it away until the following season. We also make detailed descriptions of how your decorations were installed, and even take pictures and draw diagrams, to ensure we get the installation right season after season. Unless otherwise agreed upon, we will take down your project no later than the end of the 3rd week in January and store the products for you in our climate controlled storage facility. Yay! Those days of tangled holiday lights are OVER!
Are you imagining how bright this holiday season will be when you get your display installed by us? What are you waiting for? Get the perfect display this year, professionally installed by It’s A Wonderful Light. It’s never too soon to plan, and we’re already out and about giving quotes and scheduling installations for this season. Contact us for a quote today. If you simply can’t wait until the holidays, check out our Fall & Halloween displays here. We install all year round, ensuring perfect, bright traditions 365 days a year.